1. Korean Language Course at the Korean School of Amsterdam is open for all adults, irrespective of nationality, age and fluency in Korean.
2. The students must pass the final examination at the end of each semester to proceed to the next course level, plus attend at least ⅔ of the total lesson hours to gain a course level certificate.
3. You will be expected to do 2 to 3 hours of self-study/homework a week.
4. The students are to inform the school or the teacher in case of absence in advance. In case of absence, the student is required to study the contents of the missed lesson at home.
5. Lesson Fee: €250,- per semester (half year)
6. Study books and workbooks are available for purchase at the school.
From this semester, it cannot be purchased in cash, and can be paid through the following process.
(1) Send the email to email@example.com.
(2) Please inform us your name, class level, and study book you want to buy by email.
As soon as we receive your email, we will email you promptly how you will pay.
Students whose payment has been confirmed will receive a study book
from the school secretary at the entrance of the school on September 4th.
(If you will be absent on September 4, please notify us by e-mail in advance)
A2 level Active korean 2 45 euro
B1 level Active korean 2 and Active korean 3 each 45 euro
B2 level Active korean 3 and Active korean 4 each 45 euro
B3 level Active korean 4 45 euro
C1 level I love korean 5 60 euro
B). Application procedure and conditions
7. Registration: you can only register online. Registration is valid for one semester (half year) after which you will be given the choice to re-register for another semester. If you have trouble registering online, please visit our school (Teacher’s room; only open on Saturdays) or contact us by email.
8. The registration period starts normally 6 weeks before each semester and closes 1 week before. See ‘School Agenda’ on our website for the exact starting dates of each semester. Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to availability of places.
9. Open days: there is no open days due to COVID19.
10. Payment: has to be made within 7 days of submitting the application form. This can be done only by bank transfer.
Registration is only complete when your payment is confirmed by the school, for which you will receive a confirmatory email.
11. If the tuition fee is not paid within 7 days, Could you please email me if you want to cancel your application
or if you want to keep it? (firstname.lastname@example.org) I don’t want to argue with you about Incasso.
C). After your registration is complete (i.e. tuition fee payment is made)
12. Withdrawal and reimbursement of tuition fees: after applying and making the payment, a place is reserved for you on the appropriate course. Withdrawal of your registration is then no longer possible, even if you choose not to attend the lessons. This also applies to students who, for whatever reason, are in the Netherlands only on a temporary basis. Withdrawal for other commitments, even if these were not known at the time of registration, is not possible.
13. Illness: In the case of severe health-related problems that prevents your further study at the Korean School, it is possible to withdraw and receive a reimbursement that is proportional to the number of remaining lessons in the semester. It is also possible to let somebody else participate on your behalf, given that the semester has not yet begun, and given that there is a place in the course level that person wishes to apply to. A condition is that the student needs to verify the authenticity of his/her health claim by submitting a doctor’s letter to the school administration.
14. Course level selection: if you already have some knowledge of Korean, you may start at a higher level than Beginners 1. In this case, you must pass an online level test. This will be sent to you within a few days by email if you have applied for Beginners 2 or higher. (email@example.com) You may make the lesson fee payment after you have acknowledged the results of the level test.
15. Changing your course level after the start of the semester: is possible within the first two weeks (lessons) of the course if the course level appears to be unsuitable for you, provided there is place in the group that the student wishes to move to and only after consultation with your teacher.
16. The Korean School of Amsterdam reserves the right to cancel courses in the rare case there are not enough participants. We will do our best to provide a suitable alternative in another group. If these alternatives are not agreeable the total course fee will be reimbursed within 14 days.
17. Maximum capacity and waiting list: In the case there are too many applicants for a course level, the rule is first-come, first-served. If the course level has reached its maximum capacity, you will be put on a waiting list and notified when a place comes free, before the start of the semester. Prospective students on the waiting list will gain priority in the registration period for the next semester. Withdrawing from the waiting list can be done by sending an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org]. If you have paid, the total course fee will be reimbursed within 14 days.
18. Important announcements and newsletters will be sent to students by email.
19. All administrative questions should be directed to the school in writing (email).
20. The Korean School of Amsterdam is not able to assist in arranging visas or accommodation.