Terms and Conditions
A. Course requirements
1) Korean Language Course at the Korean School of Amsterdam is open for all adults, irrespective of nationality, age and fluency in Korean.
2) The students must pass the final examination at the end of each semester to proceed to the next course level, attend at least 70% of the total lesson hours excluding exam date in order to gain a course level certificate.
3) You will be expected to do 2 to 3 hours of self-study/homework a week.
4) The students are to inform the school or the teacher in case of absence in advance. In case of absence, the student is required to study the contents of the missed lesson at home.
5) Tuition Fee: €250 including €46 administration charge per semester, 5 months.
6) Study books and workbooks are available for purchase at the school.
A1 level Active Korean 1 45 euro
A2 level Active Korean 1 and Active Korean 2 each 45 euro
A3 level Active Korean 2 45 euro
B1 level Active Korean 3 45 euro
B2 level Active Korean 4 45 euro
B3 level I love Korean 5 60 euro
B. Application procedure and conditions
7) Registration: you can only register through online link. Registration is valid for one semester (half year) after which you will be given the choice to re-register for another semester. If you have trouble registering online, contact the course coordinator. ([email protected])
8) Open days: the event will not be held for this time.
9) Payment: Please pay with the paylink in the registration form.
10) The registration is subject to cancellation if the payment is not completed on time.
C. After your tuition fee payment is made
11) Withdrawal and reimbursement of tuition fees: after applying and making the payment, a place is reserved for you on the appropriate course. Withdrawal of your registration is possible within a month after the lessons start which means administration charge(€30), lesson fee(€17/lesson) and the value of Study book/Work book(applicable for the Early bird promotion) will be deducted. From the 2nd month, the withdrawal is then no longer possible, even if you choose not to attend the lessons. This also applies to students who, for whatever reason, are in the Netherlands only on a temporary basis. Withdrawal for other commitments, even if these were not known at the time of registration, is not possible.
12) Illness: In the case of severe health-related problems that prevents your further study at the Korean School, it is possible to withdraw and receive a reimbursement that is proportional to the number of remaining lessons in the semester. It is also possible to let somebody else participate on your behalf, given that the semester has not yet begun, and given that there is a place in the course level that person wishes to apply to. A condition is that the student needs to verify the authenticity of his/her health claim by submitting a doctor’s letter to the school administration.
13) Course level selection: if you already have some knowledge of Korean, you may start at a higher level than A1 (Beginners). In this case, you must pass an online level test.
14) Changing your course level after the start of the semester: is possible within the first two weeks (lessons) of the course if the course level appears to be unsuitable for you, provided there is place in the group that the student wishes to move to and only after consultation with your teacher.
15) The Korean School of Amsterdam reserves the right to cancel courses in the rare case there are not enough participants. We will do our best to provide a suitable alternative in another group. If these alternatives are not agreeable the total course fee will be reimbursed within 14 days.
16) Maximum capacity and waiting list: In the case there are too many applicants for a course level, the rule is first-come, first-served. If the course level has reached its maximum capacity, you will be put on a waiting list and notified when a place comes free, before the start of the semester. Prospective students on the waiting list will gain priority in the registration period for the next semester. Withdrawing from the waiting list can be done by sending an email to [[email protected]]. If you have paid, the total course fee will be reimbursed within 14 days.
17) Important announcements and newsletters will be sent to students by email.
18) All administrative questions should be directed to the school in writing (email).
19) The Korean School of Amsterdam is not able to assist in arranging visas or accommodation.